I’ll get to my reviews of the two films we saw on Sunday, “Saving Luna” and “Walt & El Grupo,” in my next post. But first, this headline from the front page of this morning’s Seattle Times: “Colder than Siberia!” That’s right, the temperatures in Seattle lately have been colder than those in the Siberian city of Tomsk, as well as those in Oslo, Fairbanks, International Falls (Minnesota), and Portland (Maine). It certainly feels colder than Siberia here, especially downtown on 3rd Avenue, where it always seems to be colder than it is around our apartment or even downtown a few blocks further up the hill from Elliott Bay. The high temperature yesterday was 58 degrees — normal is 68 degrees. And just in case you read that too casually, that was the high temperature! On June 10! (Confidentially, I feel rather smug about being stoic enough to put up with it.)
2 comments:
I do admire your resilient and optimistic spirit, and I think I also know where the heat, if it was ever there, went. It's 92.8 degrees here right now, but I'm not going to mention it, because I don't want anyone you may be closely associated with to go around the bend.
International Falls, by the way, is one of the places my father used to go when they were testing anti-lock brakes--it's a good place for ice.
Post a Comment