The great minds of the Pacific Northwest have developed a product to make absolutely everybody happy.
Bacon Salt. Salt that tastes like bacon. They are on a mission, they say, to make everything taste like bacon (even dessert?). They are in the news at the moment because they have launched Operation Bacon Salt (Operation B.S.?) to ship the stuff to the troops in Iraq, who apparently are suffering cruelly from the absence of bacon from their diets in that Muslim country. ("We're getting blown up by I.E.D.s, and we can't get any bacon??!!!") It's so un-American not to eat bacon at every meal, I guess.
But wait...actually, not only is this product kosher, it is also vegetarian! Contains no pig parts at all. I love the idea of these voracious bacon-cravers satisfying their deepest longing with something that I would actually eat. So thank you to the bacontrepreneurs* at Bacon Salt for helping out the troops, and to our men and women in harm's way, I say, "Go ahead! Pig out! I'll even join you!"
*I can't take credit for this play on words; I stole it from the P-I article (see link).
No comments:
Post a Comment