Saturday, February 2, 2008

They fit like gloves

My Camelspin fingerless gloves are finished! Here’s a picture of a finished glove, along with the picture I posted previously showing what the yarn looked like before I knitted it.



I based the stitch pattern on a sock pattern I have, and I figured out how to shape the thumb and fingers from the basic glove pattern in Ann Budd’s The Knitter’s Handy Book of Patterns. Originally, I made them as mitts, with no separated fingers, but after wearing them a few times I didn’t like the way the top edge curled on the palm side. So I unraveled the top portion and redid it with fingers. These gloves are sooooo soft and warm — perfect for wearing while I work at the computer. I’m very happy with how they turned out.

1 comment:

R.M. Morin said...

These gloves are amazing, just like their creator. Great job. Mom