Today is the actual autumnal equinox, but for me, fall arrived sometime last week. Suddenly I became aware that the light wasn’t quite as bright when I got up as I would like it to be, and the end of the workday brought more intimations of nightfall and bedtime than of freedom to get back to my own life. It was as if a curtain had come down. It hardly seems possible that just three weeks ago it was still summer and we were kayaking in the San Juans. Of course, the days have been getting shorter ever since the summer solstice back in June, but it wasn’t until last week that sunrise and sunset finally crept close enough to one another to bump up against the start and end of my days. And the rain is back, after almost four weeks with little or no precipitation.
Gray skies, sweater days — it’s finally back to normal around here.
No comments:
Post a Comment