Last Saturday I bought the most expensive yarn I've ever purchased: $45.50 for 100 grams (about 3.5 ounces). It's called Camelspin, and it's a hand-dyed blend of 70% silk and 30% camel from Handmaiden Yarn in Canada. I believe the "spin" in the name refers to the justification and rationalization one has to do to explain why this skein of yarn is worth $45.50. ("It's very special...one of a kind...imported from Canada...I only need one skein...feel it yourself!") Of course, the only justification for spending that much on a skein of yarn is that you're in love with it and you just have to have it.
Since by now I'm sure you're dying to see what a $45.50 skein of yarn looks like, here it is:

I'm going to make a pair of luxurious fingerless mitts to wear while I read, type, or knit. See, that's practical. And I'll get maximum value out of the yarn because I'll be wearing the finished product right there on my hands, where I can see and enjoy the beautiful yarn. Yes, I'm demonstrating advanced Camelspinning here.
No comments:
Post a Comment